Four postdoctoral positions for Iranian scholars are available at Medical Signal and Image Processing (MISP) research center, Department of Bioelectrics and Biomedical Engineering, School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran.
This position is fully funded by National Elites Foundation grant from Presidency of Islamic Republic of Iran (international.bmn.ir/plans). Initial appointment is for 1 year with the potential for appointment to 1 additional year based on progress. The starting date for the position is flexible, with preference for a start date in spring or summer of 2018.
RESEARCH TOPICS INVOLVE:
- Classification of ocular images using optimum basis functions (DL & MCA) .
- OCT modeling: statistical modeling vs. geometrical modeling vs. energy-based modeling
- Synchronized analysis of EEG, MRI images, and SPECT images of patients suffering from seizure
- Design and manufacturing of an apnea detection system and introducing new clinical indices of depth of sedation based on automatic analysis of tracheal acoustic signal
Isfahan University of Medical Sciences’ School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine is a thriving research community with growing expertise in medical signal and image analysis. If interested, please feel free to contact Dr. Hossein Rabbani directly ([email protected]) with a letter of interest including a full CV and a list of three references.
- Iranian nationality. ·
- Doctoral degree in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, computer engineering, or related field from 400 highly ranked universities based on Times Higher Education. ·
- Strong technical skills. Proficiency in high-level programming language (e.g., Matlab or Python) is required.
Prior experience with biomedical signal/image analysis methods and/or advanced signal/image processing methods is strongly preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: ·
- Designs and implements experimental projects including managing timelines and directing students and staffs. ·
- Programs studies and analyses. Uses advanced signal/image processing techniques to analyze and interpret data. ·
- Writes and collaborates on grants and manuscripts and presents research at scientific conferences. ·
- Provides specialized training and supervision of graduate and undergraduate level assistants. Coordinates data management ensuring data integrity and protocol compliance. ·
- Manages compliance with human subject protocols.